Cannot locate users?

Feb 22, 2008 at 5:19 PM
The tool is working correctly for certain users. When I enter my credentials into the 'username' field all my subcriptions appear, when I enter other team members credentials there subscriptions appear - but when I attempt to see the subsctions for certain users I get no results. I know this user has subscriptions as I can see them in the 'TFSIntegration' database - does the tool have the ability to see all subscriptions for all users?
Aug 22, 2012 at 5:34 PM
Edited Aug 22, 2012 at 8:33 PM

I made a few changes to enable this.  See below for a minor change to ShowSubscriptions.  Enter a star in the user field searches for all subscriptions.  This hasn't yet been tested with the other functionality - just the search and display - so I don't know how this may impact adding/deleting/editing subs.  Some testing indicates that API doesn't behave as we may expect.  It doesn't matter much what is entered in the Username field and passed into the GetEventSubscriptions method - the result is the same - my subscriptions.  However, the GetAllEventSubscriptions method returns all subs if invoked by a TFS administrator.  [edit] Adds/deletes seem to work fine.  If editing a subscription, it makes a new one.  The old one then needs to be deleted.  Kinda odd, but workable.

private void ShowSubscriptions()
        {
            Cursor.Current = Cursors.WaitCursor;
            subscriptionslistView.Items.Clear();

if (eventService != null)
            {
                Subscription[] subs;
                if (userTextBox.Text == "*") {
                    subs = eventService.GetAllEventSubscriptions();
                } else {
                    subs = eventService.GetEventSubscriptions(userTextBox.Text);
                }
                foreach (Subscription s in subs)
                {