Any plans to refresh for TFS 2010?

May 24, 2010 at 1:44 PM

I'm trying to migrate some work that used the WorkItemEventSubscription to TFS 2010 and this functionality looks quite uesful. Are there any plans to refresh this for TFS 2010?

Thanks,

Karl Z.

Jun 26, 2010 at 9:43 AM

I too would like to see this upgraded for TFS 2010

Jul 9, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Definitely interested in seeing support for TFS 2010. Any plans, any hope?

Aug 6, 2010 at 6:28 PM
You should check out the TFS 2010 Power Tools Alerts Explorer A plug-in to Visual Studio, Alerts Explorer provides a graphical user interface that supports flexible subscription of alerts based on check-in, work item change, or build completion. http://visualstudiogallery.msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/3e8c9b68-6e39-4577-b9b7-78489b5cb1da
Aug 9, 2010 at 10:31 AM

bhopenw, the "Alerts Explorer" does only support showing subscriptions created by you, whereas the Event Subscription Tool gave you the ability to manage and administer ALL subscriptions on the server.

Aug 9, 2010 at 3:17 PM
Edited Aug 9, 2010 at 3:19 PM

++ Neno. We really want an easy way to manage everyone's email subscriptions on our TFS Server. Until TFS has an automated way of setting up email alerts for users say "when a work item is assigned to me" then we'll have users that don't have a clue that TFS can automatically send them notifications. Therefor our TFS Administrator spends his day working from a sharepoint list that users update with what type of email alerts they are looking for. [Our users aren't the brightest bulbs in the bunch but they get their code working and so we just handle alerts behind the scenes for them...and yes we've shown them the TFS power tools about a billion times.]

Still hoping for this tool to be upgraded...even a command line tool would be ok...if we have to brute force it.

Sep 20, 2010 at 11:57 AM

(bump)

Oct 3, 2010 at 6:48 PM

(bump)

Oct 12, 2010 at 1:42 PM

(bump) still looking for TFS 2010 support

Oct 15, 2010 at 2:21 PM

Aren't you guys programmers, or have access to programmers? :-) All you need to do is download the source code, reference the Visual Studio 2010 DLLS instead of 2008, and rebuild. There are some deprecated classes, and some of the old classes are in new namespaces (specifically in the Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Client namespace) but the exact same code is working for me. I just added a custom alert using the tool yesterday.

Dec 2, 2010 at 2:54 AM

Yeah, I updated it for TFS2010. http://bit.ly/EventSubscriptionTool2010  
I'm not sure whether it works well for you guys or not. It just works fine for me.
Hope it's useful for someone.

Feb 1, 2011 at 8:29 AM

Thanks! Works for me too :)

May 13, 2011 at 10:35 PM

Worked great for me, on Win7 64bit even.  Thanks so much!

Mar 4, 2012 at 2:28 AM
JimDaniel wrote:

Aren't you guys programmers, or have access to programmers? :-) All you need to do is download the source code, reference the Visual Studio 2010 DLLS instead of 2008, and rebuild. There are some deprecated classes, and some of the old classes are in new namespaces (specifically in the Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Framework.Client namespace) but the exact same code is working for me. I just added a custom alert using the tool yesterday.

Could you  upload your changes as patch to avoid everyone to do changes by themself?

Jun 2, 2012 at 1:12 PM

Hi all. I also ported this tool to TFS 2010 and put it on GitHub (https://github.com/mooware/tfseventsubscription), since the project here seems rather dead.

The only problem is that my new version can only manage subscriptions for the current user for some reason. Sadly the documentation for the API is practically non-existent, so it's hard to say what I'm doing wrong.