Cannot subscribe 3rd users

Jul 26, 2007 at 4:34 PM
Hi, I'm wondering if it is possible to subscribe other users using the tool. The tool works fine when the current user subscribe himself. But, what if I want one person to subscribe all the users in the team? I downloaded the tool's code and saw that in the SubscribeButton_Click handler the username is taken from the Environment. I changed that to take the username from the user TextBox and tried entering another user's username or SID. Although the SubscribeEvent method did not throw any Exception, the subscription is not actually created. Is it possible to do what I want? Thanks,
Sole
Sep 5, 2007 at 10:39 PM
I would like to also be able to create subscriptions for other user.

Anyone figure this out yet?

Thanks
Sep 6, 2007 at 1:53 PM
Hi rehle, the Microsoft.TeamFoundation.Server.IEventService.SubscribeEvent method used by the tool to subscribe users, takes the user id as the first argument, so we may think you can subscribe other users by changing this id. However, as far as I know, this argument is not taken into account in the current version since the user id is taken from the current login user. So, you can't make subscription for others. The workaround is for you to own all subscriptions and subscribe others by selecting different e-mail addresses.